Thursday, May 24, 2007

Law of attraction in business

Today I got into a discussion with my biz friend about the law of attraction in life and in business. It seems to be a very big topic these days and months and as I started to think more about it, it makes sense actually. What I see now is that we really attract such a people, things or events into our life as we are. We ourselves need to be great in order to attract great people & things into our lives. We cannot blame anyone but ourselves if we are attracting wrong people, wrong friends or wrong business partners. Its not even that they are "wrong" as such, they just do not match with our expectations. They might be great for someone else but are not great for us. They do not share the same values as we do and thus behave differently.

I can see it very nicely in our business. When we started 2 years back in Singapore, we were just not ready and we didn't deserve to attract quality people and business partners in our business life. However, the trend seems to be changing and the more we grow and the better we get every single day, we start attracting not just better business partners but also better suppliers and better staff . I am really not a psychologist but it's seems to be working that way.

My friend today with whom I had a discussion was right, the way to go about it is to create a community of likeminded people who share the same values. But its not about chasing them but its about living those values and thus attracting likeminded people. It's great to realize it and remind yourself so we can practice it. I for sure will.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?